The Melbourne Budokiai Kenshikan Dojo has existed for over thirty years. We are the largest Japanese budo club in Australia training in the arts of Kendo, Iaido, and Naginata and are recognised at a State, National and International level.
We are a non-commercial/non-profit club that is owned and managed by our members.
Since 1990, the home of our club is the Kenshikan Dojo which is located on the fringe of the Melbourne CBD, in West Melbourne.
- Mr. Yoichi Yano, Kendo 7th Dan Kyoshi
- Mr. Peter Szwarcbord, Kendo 7th Dan Kyoshi, Iaido 6th Dan Renshi, Jodo 2nd Dan
- Ms. Claire Chan, Iaido 6th Dan Renshi, Kendo 5th Dan, Jodo 3rd Dan
- Ms. Noriko Matsumoto, Kendo 6th Dan Renshi
- Mr. Ryan Hikima, Kendo 6th Dan, Renshi
- Ms. Kanako Harada, Kendo 5th Dan
- Mr. Chris Goletsos, Kendo 5th Dan
- Mr. Adam Martin, Kendo 5th Dan
- Ms. Junko Nomura, Kendo 5th Dan
- Mr. Eric Lee, Kendo 5th Dan
Executive & Committee Members
- President: Paul Bserani
- Vice President: Andrea Ngai
- Secretary: Kristine Ventura
- Treasurer: Claire Chan
- Membership: Claire Rippon
- Armourer: John Ebsworthy
- General Committee Member: [vacant]
- Iaido Rep: Mariana Millares
- Naginata Rep: Emily Jackman
- Club senseis: Yoichi Yano and Peter Szwarcbord